Certificate Programme in Practical Finance (CPPF)
INCORPORATING FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS
This programme is for people who are keen to develop themselves as their career progresses; and for companies who are committed to developing their staff.
The programme consists of a series of inter-connected courses, each of three mornings or four days duration.
The programme consists of a series of inter-connected courses, each of three mornings or four days duration
Each of the 8 modules can be attended or presented as a stand-alone course.
There is no time limit for completing the minimum of 10 credits for the full certificate programme. Certificate are awarded for each individual module. Candidates are encouraged to spread their participation over a number of years to suit their budget constraints and to give themselves an opportunity to apply what they have learnt.
In-house and scheduled delivery options are available.
You will acquire the practical knowledge and skills to:
- Exercise clear judgement;
- Make strategic business decisions based on sound financial principles;
- Analyse financial information accurately and;
- Manage the financial drivers of a business with confidence
- the presenters all have practical experience in business management
- they use everyday language and avoid unnecessary jargon
- the material is largely exercise-based to develop skills as well as knowledge
- the presenters are committed facilitators
- they apply well-tested presentation and learning techniques
- the content is regularly reviewed by business leaders
- delegates and clients can structure their participation to suit their requirements
- the pricing is competitive and the costs can be spread out to meet budget constraints
- payment terms are negotiable
- South African SDL rebates can be obtained if this programme forms part of a company’s Workplace Skills Programme
- delegates will enjoy inter-acting with other classmates
- they will have the opportunity to compete in Johannesburg School of Finance’s own unique business simulation programme “Banango Traders”, created specifically for the training environment and presented to around 100 000 employees, entrepreneurs, students and scholars in the past ten years
- learning about finance can be fun if it is taught in the correct way; this programme achieves that.
Enquiry & Registration
Peter van Ryneveld
Peter van Ryneveld's career has been in merchant banking, stockbroking and management training. He joined UAL Merchant Bank in 1985 as an investment analyst and by the time he left in 1988 he was Head of Research, responsible for monitoring the performance of shares in all sectors of the economy, producing the quarterly economic overview for the investment division of the bank and managing a department of ten people.
John Mitchell worked for Gold Fields Mining and Development for 12 years. During this period he designed and instituted a job evaluation system, personally presenting skills training courses to the management and staff of the mines. As Group Personnel Officer, he developed his natural rapport with people as well as his presentation skills.